7/22/14

Stress Can Kill

I recently had a health incident that the doctor said has either caused or aggravated IBS. One of the main causes of IBS is stress apparently. This incident has made me realize just how stressed I've been over the past 6 months. I guess I should be thanking my body and spirit for letting me know when I'm unconsciously doing something that's damaging to both body and spirit before it causes serious, irreparable damage such as disease. This is a concept that I first learned after reading Awakening Intuition by Mona Lisa Schultz. She talks about how your body & spirit will tell you when you're not connected with it. It first lets you know by whispering in your ear, then giving you a tap on the shoulder. If you don't pay attention, it will try to let you know again but each time you ignore it, the severity and consequences are greater until you have no choice but to pay attention. I like to think of it as first a tap, then a slap on the face, then a blow to the side of the head with a 2x4, and I hate to imagine any more severe than that, but disease is probable. It's hard to believe that people could be so ignorant that they disregard sign after sign, signal after signal. But it happens all the time, including to myself. We're souls in bodies who need to tend to our souls just like our bodies. If you disregard the soul, the body will suffer.

Paying attention to messages from your spirit is not very easy if you're not consciously connected to it. The thing that separates us from our spirit or any benevolent spirit is ego. The emotions associated with the ego are fear, anger, greed, jealousy, basically any emotion that doesn't sprout from love.

I had a pretty bad day the other day (at least partially aided by my hormone cycle change) and I asked spirit to help me. Shortly after, I felt a wave of gratitude. It wiped away my bad feelings and I may add, stress. I don't know if my spirit is getting more powerful or I'm just realizing the power I've had all along. The power to get help whenever you need it. This is the best kind of advice from the one place in this universe that knows your potential and true desires and has your best interest at heart. The power to receive help and/or guidance as quickly as I ask for it. As long as I don't have anything blocking my connection to spirit, my life is pretty damn awesome and things just flow to me and I'm always grateful and feeling loved and supported.

When you let the ego get between you and spirit a little bit, if you're aware, you'll just get right back on track. I used to think this however, I considered myself an aware person, yet I let my ego in a little bit and before I knew it, I was sucked in and not even aware of it. Now that my connection with my spirit is stronger again, I can see that I haven't felt that wonderful love, gratitude and ultimate support in a while.

I've had the feeling (ego) creap in that I wasn't feeling supported many times over the past year. Ironically, I now see that spirit was trying to give me a message that my not feeling supported was getting in the way of my connection with it. I saw this from an intuitive hit when I was getting energy work from my healer friends. It also makes me realize that my neck problems are related to this not feeling supported.

This confirms yet again that my passion to help people get connected with their spirit, is a worthy one.