7/31/14

This Week.....

I've been only writing about spiritual lessons lately, so I thought I'd give you an update on my band, Scale Model, since we've been working our asses off and almost burning ourselves out the past 3-4 months but it will not be in vain. We just took out a loan to hire a PR firm out of LA for a 4-month campaign to get our new album in the ears of people besides our friends and family. They recommended doing a national release (essentially a re-release) but with added content, so we're soliciting DJs and producers to do a remix of one of four songs from the album. We're paying one well-known DJ out of Chicago to do one. A couple friends around Nashville want to do one too. We're also booking a week tour in October, a weekend tour in early Sep., and a weekend tour in early Nov.  We're also doing a new music video in August for the song Plato's Cave. Seth, who did our last one for Live It Up is doing it again. I asked our neighbor who is an actor and does some writing to ask his screenwriter friends for ideas for the new video.

I went to a really cool gong meditation/ gong bath the last weekend where I released some shit. My guides told me to ask this woman who was sitting near me if she was a healer. She was, in fact, or should I say of course because my guides don't steer me wrong, a healer and I just went to her house today.  She is a shining example of what it means to live in gratitude and trust the universe has your back and your best interest in mind regarding how your life unfolds. She also helped me see my fears more clearly. Not surprisingly, these are the messages I've been getting this week as I ask my guides for guidance and listen. I also started listening to Carolyn Myss's book (on audible) Spiritual Power, Spiritual Practice in the mornings on my way to work. It's a great lesson and reminder to trust your spiritual guidance as well as what it means to harness and live in all of your spiritual power so you can manifest like a motherf*ker. That should be the name of my next song... manifest like a motherf*ker.

Speaking on songs, a catchy melody/line for a chorus of a song that hasn't been written yet came to me tonight and in 30 min., Dave and I wrote a verse and chorus around it. I need to go write lyrics to my new hit song now. ;)