12/13/15

My Baby Learned He Has Hands!

So, my son is 3 months old now and I feel like I've returned to normalcy - to my old self again. However, as you parents know, raising a child gives a new twist on "normalcy". And of course, I will never be my old self again as one of my main roles in life is now a mother.

I was inspired to write today because I was just a guest speaker on a radio show - of the great host, Anjana Love Dixon and a bunch of stuff came up that I could talk hours about!

Over the last week or so, I noticed my son, Bowie, discovering his hands for the first time.  He doesn't know yet that he has control over them. My philosophical side was inspired today, so of course I thought of the correlation between this phenomenon going on with Bowie and ourselves, as adults. We all have the ability to manifest our desires, an ability that many of us don't realize. However, many of us are discovering this ability, such as when we pay attention to our thoughts and realize what comes about in our lives is what we think about and believe can or can't happen.  But we don't know we have a lot of control over our lives.

It's like our thoughts are like a baby discovering their hands. We know we have them (thoughts) but don't yet know how to control them to get what we want. I believe our thoughts are the tool to our lives. That's pretty darn powerful! That's why successful, enlightened gurus like Louise Hay preach doing affirmations. Affirmations are things that you say to yourself to help your life.

If thoughts are this powerful, you'd better pay attention to what your thoughts are. Are you thinking you love yourself? Are you thinking you can do whatever you feel your heart is calling you to do? Are you NOT thinking about what other people think of you, what you're doing, your thoughts and plans? Are you NOT comparing yourself to others?

These are all things that will lead you to a peaceful life and manifesting your dreams. I know because I've tried it in my own life.

Since I'm new at being a mom, I'm not confident like I am about everything else in my life, so it's interesting to watch what happens when my thoughts all of a sudden become self-doubt. It doesn't help that I read so much conflicting information in the research I did on caring for a newborn! There are the basics and then there are the nuances of how to care for a baby and also how to raise a child. I think that's how most of our life is. You need to know the basic steps to learn and do what you want, but the specifics of HOW to go about doing it are the nuances of life. Nuances are different for every single person. You need to realize you have gut feelings about what you should be doing and how you should be doing it and have CONFIDENCE to follow these feelings.

I didn't realize how important and powerful self confidence is for the rest of my life and my mental sanity to be good and balanced until I lost my usual self confidence the last few months (the first few months of my son's life, and first few months of being a mother). I've become an emotional wreck! Of course hormones played a big part in that too! haha.

Here's what I've noticed happens when my thoughts are on self doubt...

  • I think I'm not doing things "right"
  • I question my ability to do things "right"
  • I compare myself to others who seem to be doing it "right"
These are all such damaging thoughts, yet so many of us think them. When this is our norm, we don't realize it.

I need to follow my spiritual teacher, Wayne Dyer's advice when he talks about how he raised his children. He said when they had a problem, he asked them what did their heart/intuition say to do? This is a lesson we all need to remind our selves of every day.