5/24/12

OK, I Get The Message!

I just couldn't believe how clear and obvious (and persistent!) the universe is in giving me the message that the answer to my financial worries is to tithe - so I had to write it in this blog. It's really cool when you see such a clear message from the divine!

I just finished band practice and turned on the TV and what was on was the 700 Club, a christian TV show and they were talking about tithing and telling stories about people who got out of financial worry by tithing. How ironic is that?! I never watch christian shows (I'm not a christian) and certainly don't watch what Dave & I like to jokingly call the "god" channels! This show was on the last network I last watched - ABC Family.

I just thought that was such a cool instance of the universe clearly answering me and giving me a message that I had to tell you.

I have started tithing by donating money - 2/3rds of the 10% of my income so far - to worthy causes. I haven't seen any results yet but Dave has already!

I convinced Dave, who is a little more conservative (and pessimistic when it comes to faith) than I am, to believe there might be something to this tithing, and he recently gave it a shot. He is making a guitar for his friend who said he loves his guitars and wishes he could have him build one, who also just lost his eye in a freak accident and doesn't have health insurance. He's not just making the guitar and giving it to him, he's using it to start a fund for his friend and posted it on his website & facebook encouraging others to donate to this fund to help his friend pay for his medical bills (and cheer him up a little). He has already had someone contact him after seeing this donation project, wanting him to build him a custom guitar! He also just happened to get a bonus at work!

I'm sure I'll have more great things we'll get from tithing that I'll tell you about in future blog posts.

I love hearing others stories too, so please post your tithing story in the comments below. :)