3/30/17

How To Resolve Any Argument

2 Steps to Resolve Any Argument

Yes, they're easier said than done, I know

1. Just get out of your own head/ego and try to see the perspective of the other person (put yourself in their shoes) and why they might be arguing with you and ask if there might be a misunderstanding and communicate from a place of non-anger and understanding. 2. Try to get the other person to get out of their own head/ego and see the situation from your perspective (put themselves in your shoes) and communicate from a place of non-anger and understanding.

This seemed so simple to me until I had a major dispute with my mother. It was easy for me to step outside myself to see the broader situation and try to understand her perspective. This is because I've done years of spiritual and self-reflection work and happen to be a communication professor so I'm able to get out of my ego and communicate well. So, I should have known that this is no easy task for most people. I know now though. It was almost impossible for me to get my mom to put herself in my shoes. Her ego tends to flare up quickly and she puts a wall up in her mind to refuse to see anything from anyone else's perspective. It took over ONE YEAR for her to finally understand my perspective and all of a sudden, when she did, her anger toward the situation disappeared. 

SO..... it CAN be done, but it ain't easy! 

Message me if you want to know exactly how I get out of my ego.

As we know, you can't just write off a close friend, spouse or family member from one argument (it's a bad idea that you'll regret). So, if anyone is having a major argument with a friend, spouse, family member or co-worker and want help, let me know. We can chat. I need to hear both sides of the story from each of you though, so each person has to be willing to work it out. Email me and we'll set up a time to chat.

Also email me or comment below if you feel this technique won't work for your situation. I've put it to the test in many situations, but want to know if there are some that it won't work for. 

coachmeganjrox@gmail.com