8/16/15

Float / Isolation Tank Experiment - Float #3

Week 3
I did float #3 last night at Float Nashville. I chose the 7pm time and the open tank again.

It was a great float! I'm glad I did the night-time again since I always feel zen and ready to fall asleep after almost every float I've done. I slept so well and long when I got home last night!

I decided to try listening to a guided meditation this time. I'm glad I did! I think this is the way to go, especially for those people who have a hard time relaxing in complete silence listening to nothing but your breathing and your thoughts.

Since I'm a few short weeks away from my due date, and I took the Hypnobabies hypnosis for childbirth class, I figured it perfect to listen to one of the hypnosis meditations.

This was the first float in my prego float experiment where I fell asleep (or maybe I was just in hypnosis or deep meditation). It was wonderful. I was able to fully relax within 10 min. and enjoy that wonderful, unique feeling of floating weightlessly that you can only experience in a float tank - or in space I imagine, but I'm not going to fly to space anytime soon. And, as my growing baby only gets bigger and heavier, I appreciate the load off more and more. In fact, it had been a little more than 7 days since my last float and I felt like my body was craving it.

I kind of wish I didn't go into a sleep or deep meditative/hypnotic state so I could consciously enjoy that awesome floating feeling longer, but I know that state is very healing, even if I'm not conscious of it.  While I was conscious and slowly drifting off, for, about the first 30 min., I remember feeling like my body was in a time warp and falling gently through kind of like a black hole into some other dimension or galaxy in space. I remember feeling the presence of other spirits and angels and even communicating with them. They are all getting ready for the big moment when my baby's spirit enters his body fully and permanently and joins us on earth. I also made sure to ask them to ensure it would be an easy, smooth transition for me also. From a spiritual, metaphysical standpoint, I'm aware that his spirit comes in and out of his body as it's growing in my womb and believe that at birth, it will be permanently in his physical body. I feel like during my drifting into meditation, I felt the spirit world views this transition as a major one, like a firework-producing major event. Of course, people who have experienced childbirth probably already understand the magnitude of this event on a spiritual level as well as every other level. I can't wait to experience it!!!

All in all, it was a very relaxing float and I'm still feeling zen the next day. As I've come to know, deep meditative states are healing on many levels and I won't know the effects of it this soon after, and it's often cumulative, but I know it was great for my pregnant body and mind!